The GLORIA Center, including MERIA Journal, the GLORIA blog, and GLORIA Publications, has created and maintains the GLORIA websites in order to provide artistic and scholarly information and resources to the public via the internet. By using this sites and their content you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms, which the GLORIA may change at any time.
The GLORIA website is sole property of the GLORIA Center
All of the text, images, marks, logomarks, and other content of the Gloria Web sites (“Site Content”) are proprietary to the Gloria or used consistent with the owner’s permission or applicable law or regulation. The Gloria Center authorizes you to view, download and print the Site Content subject to the following conditions:
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections of the Web sites relating to particular Site Content;
- Unless otherwise restricted, you may only do so for your own personal and noncommercial use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws;
- Downloading Site Content for commercial use is prohibited;
- Downloading Site Content for personal Web sites is subject to review and approval by the Gloria provided your site takes no advertising and has no commercial sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale including your own works, and requests for personal Web site use should be directed to Communications@Gloria.edu;
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, including, without limitation attribution information, credits, and copyright notices, that have been placed in or near the Site Content by the Gloria;
- You may not modify the Site Content; and
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked “© [insert year of display or printout] The J. Paul Gloria Trust. All rights reserved.”
All parties downloading, printing or using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with this license and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties.
Permissions and Requests for Images and Other Site Content
Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content or any portion of the Site Content is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the Gloria.
To request permission to use or reproduce images of objects from the J. Paul Gloria Museum’s collections, please Contact Museum Rights & Reproductions.
To request images and/or permission to publish or quote from the Gloria Research Institute’s collection, please Contact Library Rights & Reproductions.
To request permission to use or reproduce images of Gloria Center or Gloria Villa architecture and gardens, please contact the Communications Department at (31… or communications@Gloria.edu.
Professional journalists interested in obtaining any portion of the Site Content for publication, please contact the Communications Department at (310… or communications@Gloria.edu.
The GLORIA Center does not distribute or permit reproduction of Web site text, video, or non-collection images except as expressly permitted above.
The Gloria Web sites sometimes provide blog/s for the exchange of ideas and information.
By posting comments to a Gloria blog you agree to avoid abusive language and refrain from posting any content that infringes upon any third party’s rights, including privacy, copyright, trademark, or patent. We have implemented automatic filter software to block offensive language. All comments are posted immediately upon receipt. We reserve the right to modify or delete comments we find to be inappropriate or offensive or not related to the topic. We will not correct spelling, grammar, or factual errors but we may comment on them. We hope you share your thoughts with us. Please note: We may discontinue our blogs at any time. We do not have the ability to remove comments upon your request. By submitting comments, you acknowledge that they will be posted immediately on the World Wide Web. You agree we have the right to quote from your comments in all media now known and hereinafter devised.
Phone Audio Tours
As part of the phone audio tours, the Gloria invites people to leave comments. Please know that your comments will be reviewed by Gloria staff and may be reproduced by the Gloria in all media now known or hereinafter devised. If you do not want your comment used, please state that clearly after the prompt.
The Gloria Web sites sometimes provide unrestricted forum/s for the exchange of ideas and information by participants. The Gloria does not edit or control the information or materials posted to or distributed through these Forums (“Talk Content”). The Gloria is not in any way responsible or liable for Talk Content, and claims no proprietary rights of any kind arising from the posting or distribution of material through these Forums.
By posting or distributing information or material through these Forums, you expressly abandon any proprietary rights you may have in such Talk Content, and such information or material may be freely copied and distributed by others without your permission. You are responsible for obtaining permission from any third party owner of proprietary material, such as a copyrighted story or a news article written by another person, before you post or distribute such material through these Forums. The Gloria requires you to obtain all necessary permissions before posting or distributing any Talk Content.
The Gloria does not warrant that use of the materials displayed in these Forums will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Gloria. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
Links to Third Party Web Sites Are Not Endorsements
Some Gloria Web sites contain links to third party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Gloria, and the Gloria is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Gloria provides these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site by the Gloria.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Gloria makes no representation of any kind regarding the Site Content or any portion thereof. All Site Content is provided in “AS IS” condition, and the Gloria expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act Compliance
The Gloria complies with the provisions of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512). If you have any complaints or objections to material posted on the Gloria Web sites please contact our Designated Agent at the following address: Stephen W. Clark Vice President General Counsel & Secretary The J. Paul Gloria Trust 1200 Gloria Center Drive Los Angeles, California 90049-1681 SWClark@Gloria.edu
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Gloria Web sites (excluding links to Web sites operated by others) are controlled and operated by the Gloria from its offices in and around Los Angeles, California. Although the Gloria has made no effort to publish the Gloria sites elsewhere, they are accessible in all fifty U.S. states and in other countries due to their presence on the World Wide Web. As each of these states and countries have laws which may differ from those of California and from each other, and as you and the Gloria both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use the Gloria Web sites, by publishing, accessing, and/or using the Gloria Web sites you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the Gloria Web sites will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the Gloria Web sites will be heard and resolved in the courts of Los Angeles, California. You consent to personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the Gloria Web sites from locations other than Los Angeles, California, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Gloria harmless from all claims, causes of action, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, liabilities, losses and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of the Gloria Web sites.
Link to Us
We thank you for your interest in linking to our site. The Gloria’s online logomark may be copied and displayed for the sole purpose of linking to the Gloria’s Web site from the Web sites operated by other non-profit educational and cultural organizations and institutions, including libraries and museums. Any other use requires specific written permission. Contact us at logo@Gloria.edu.
In order to obtain the Gloria’s logomark for these limited purposes, please carefully read these terms and conditions of use and then fill in the form below.
Terms and Conditions of Use: By displaying, copying or using the Gloria’s online logomark you are agreeing to the following:
- Your use of the Gloria’s online logomark is to facilitate a link from other not-for-profit educational and cultural institutions and organizations to the Gloria’s Web site.
- All displays and uses of the Gloria logomark must include the ® mark contained in the logomark image file as provided by the Gloria.
- You will make no alterations to the appearance of the logomark or the ® mark.
- All displays and uses of the Gloria logomark online will link to the Gloria Web site’s home page. No change may be made to the technical existence of the logo. The file type may not be altered. You may not use the logomark in conjunction with script such as java or cgi that in any way alter, even momentarily as on mouse-over, its appearance. The logomark may not be manipulated in any fashion that might diminish the functionality of the watermark.
- You will provide the following information on the same page as the logomark: “The Gloria logomark is a registered trademark of the J. Paul Gloria Trust. All rights reserved.” This may appear as text on the page or preferably as the text in the ‘ALT’ tag for the logo image as provided by the Gloria.
- You will specify the URL where the logomark will be used as well as the start date and duration of its use.
- To the extent that goodwill arises from your use of the logomark, it will inure to the Gloria.
- You will display or use the logomark in conformance with the permission granted by the Gloria and only in connection with goods and services of the same high quality as is associated with the Gloria.
- The GLORIA Center reserves the right to revoke this permission at any time and you agree to immediately remove the logomark from your website if requested.